Quform version 2.9.3 is now available, grab it by going to Forms → Settings → License & Updates → Check for updates, it’s also available for download on CodeCanyon.
In this update we have upgraded to PhpSpreadsheet from the outdated PHPExcel library for the export entries function, fixed a few bugs and updated a few other scripts.
We were alerted to an issue where Windows Defender was flagging the Quform plugin zip file as containing a trojan, specifically one of the files in the PHPExcel library. We immediately replaced PHPExcel with the newer PhpSpreadsheet library and released 2.9.2 to try and address this issue, but PhpSpreadsheet contained a very similar file and version 2.9.2 was also being flagged. No other virus scanner was detecting the file, it was a false positive. We have since contacted Microsoft and they have removed the detection from Windows Defender. As a result of the update to PhpSpreadsheet, the minimum PHP version to use Quform has increased to PHP 5.3 and it will require PHP 5.6 to use the export entries tool. We’ve set the minimum WordPress version requirement to 5.2 to encourage people to update to PHP 5.6, but the core plugin will still function on WP 4.5 on PHP 5.3.
Version 2.9.3 was released to address an issue with the build of version 2.9.2.
- Fixed incorrect version number in the last update
- Replaced PHPExcel with PhpSpreadsheet to fix a security warning on Windows, PHP 5.6 is now required to use the entry exporter
- Fixed the CSS selector for the ‘Group elements wrapper’ style
- Fixed the select menu field sizes in WP 5.3
- Fixed a notice error on the entries list page
- Updated jQuery File Upload to version 10.2.0
- Updated jQuery-jeditable to version 2.0.13
- Updated JS Cookie to version 2.2.1
- Updated Select2 to version 4.0.11
- Changed the minimum WordPress version requirement to 5.2
- Changed the minimum PHP version requirement to 5.3